Life isn’t all rainbows and butterflies. Not like when we were kids. I love to watch my kids smile and love everything about life. As my daughter says every day “This is the best day ever!” It doesn’t matter if we are at the Great Wolf Lodge, or just burning a fire in the backyard. Everyday is the same as before, The Best Day Ever! Oh, just to have that feeling one time again. No worries, no obsessive cares, just loving and living life. Enjoying every aspect of it, only seeing joy without negativity. Well, I believe we all can be that way. I have started making a few changes in my life, to help make everyday the Best Day Ever!
1. Stop caring what others think. Be who you are. God loves you for who you are, so it doesn’t matter what others think. Stop changing yourself trying to impress others. If you are one who loves to wear your comfies to Walmart, or like to over indulge in makeup…. DO IT! That’s what makes you who you are and not like everyone else. Don’t worry about what they are going to say about you behind your back. Their negativity just shows their insecurities.
2. Stop letting people in on your life. If they ask, sure tell some, but they don’t have to know everything. One of my favorite bible quotes is “A wise man holds his tongue. Only a fool blurts out everything he knows; that only leads to sorrow and trouble.” Proverbs 10:14. I’ve studied this verse many times in my bible studies and I am still working on it. Telling everything only leads to gossip, which only leads to drama, which only leads to stress unhappiness blah blah blah.
3. Stop explaining yourself! If you don’t want to go somewhere, fine, you don’t have to explain why. If you have to get onto your kid in public, do it. If you can’t make it to a practice for whatever your reason is, that is your business. The more you have to explain yourself, the more stressed you get because the person you are explaining to will keep coming back with solutions. Well, Becky, I don’t want your solution! (this also goes back to Proverbs 10:14)
4. Stop comparing yourself! A wise man once told me, you can’t compare yourself to others, because you are like no other. OK, that wise man is my hubby, so I take back the wise part. Just kidding hunny! Anyway, when you compare yourself to other people, you automatically start downing yourself, put yourself in a funk, and all that other fun stuff we don’t like to feel like. It’s awesome being different than others, own it and love it.
5. Step away from social media every once in a while! Ya’ll, it’s a proven fact that social media is a soul sucker. That’s the number one place where you start your “comparison” , your “they are always so happy”, your “they are always having fun”. Well, we all know social media is a lie most times, so put your phone down and enjoy your reality because it’s slipping away everyday. Actually pick up a book if you want to read something. I’ve come to find reading an actual book is so much more relaxing than staring at a phone screen. I’m not talking about the books you download on your phone. I’m talking about one with actual pages. (hopefully most still know what that is) Also, being that I am reading more, has truly encouraged my kids to want to read more.
6. Be content with your life and what you have. I mean, so what if Becky has more ponies than you. I mean, it’s not really fair that my husband says “no more ponies!” but, then Becky just bought another one. All I want is one more! But, I am very content and grateful for my ponies. They cost a lot of money, so I guess it’s a good thing I don’t have anymore. All joking aside, Being content with your life is the number one way to be happy. If you are constantly keeping up with the Jones’ you will forever be unhappy. You will never be able to find joy because you will never keep up. It will be an ongoing battle.
So, life isn’t always rainbows and butterflies. There will be terrible storms that seem to never end. But, when you love the life your living and always look for the rainbow, you will find it. When you look for the positive in every situation and everyday life, you will always have the BEST DAY EVER!